Group Finance Manager
As part of the expansion of team in our Business Office, Calvary is inviting applications for a full time Group Finance Manager working in the Townsville office.
About the Role:
The Group Finance Manager oversees all aspects of the finance function and viability of the church and associated entities (Australia and overseas) to proactively lead, plan, monitor, adapt, educate, and report on financial performance and meet compliance requirements. The role includes the identification and proactive management of business risk, as well as directing process improvements to achieve business efficiencies.
Reporting directly to the General Manager, the Group Finance Manager works as part of Calvary’s Executive Team and closely with the Board Finance Committee.
The Group Finance Manager is supported by a skilled and stable finance team which includes the roles of Senior Accountant, payroll, and accounts payable and receivable.
Key responsibilities of the role include:
- The implementation of budgeting, forecasting, financial planning, and analysis to ensure that Calvary meets its financial goals of health, compliance and sustainable growth within a church context.
- Review of operational efficiencies and the development of process improvement strategies.
- The provision of reports, analysis and guidance to the General Manager and Calvary Boards, on financial, compliance, risk and organisational matters.
- Management of business risk and cash flow.
- With the General Manager, management of bank and other stakeholder relationships.
- Oversight of the financial management and performance of Calvary’s other business operations, including: Outside of School Hours Care, cafes, and a children’s play centre. This is outworked by providing guidance to the managers of these operations on business performance.
- Preparation of monthly management reports, financial statements, and balance sheet reconciliations.
- Oversight of accounting compliance matters including Income Tax, FBT, GST, Work Cover, insurances and Payroll Tax.
- Oversight of the Calvary Finance Team including the supervision of the Senior Accountant who in turn supervise the other support team.
- Management of the year end financial reporting requirements of the church and related entities, including audit and other reporting requirements.
Functions completed with the Senior Accountant’s support:
- Oversight of the payroll function.
- Oversight of the accounts receivable function including reviewing project contracts, progress claims, retentions, and bank guarantees.
- Oversight of accounts payable function.
- Oversight of internal policy adherence.
- Graduate qualifications in Accounting or Business with CPA / CA Certification and a minimum 5 years’ related experience.
- Significant team leadership and relationship building skills.
- A strong knowledge of accounting, corporations, charity governance and other related government legislation.
- Exposure to financial reporting for entities similar to Calvary
- Demonstrated ability to produce high quality reporting using advanced formulae in Excel.
- Demonstrated ability to be risk aware and pragmatically responsive.
- Strong organisational skills with a high degree of initiative and drive.
- Ability to be agile, flexible and respond to meet changing operational priorities.
- A Current Working with Children Check (Blue Card).
- A commitment to the staff code of conduct policy and an active Christian faith.
- Experience working with not-for-profit/charitable organisation.
- Experience with Xero or similar finance system desirable.
Please note prior to commencement successful candidates may be required to undergo a pre-employment National Police Check.
A competitive salary will be offered, commensurate to experience, knowledge and qualifications.
How to Apply:
Please email a cover letter outlining why you think you would be a great fit for this role, your CV, and contact details of 2 professional referees to the General Manager: [email protected]
* Applications close 5pm, 8th December 2022.
Please note: only successful shortlisted applicants will be contacted.